What is Jump Seat?
Jump Seat is a publication that aims to deliver on the topics that matter most to you. Subjects include industry initiatives and mandates, operational and technical updates, and new ARINCDirect enhancements and releases. Cabin connectivity, delay mitigation, flight planning best practices, and weather phenomena are all covered by our specialists. The articles are intended to be educational in nature while keeping local and international interests in mind.
The Jump Seat newsletter was started in the Spring of 2020 by various subject matter experts throughout the ARINCDirect team. The name "Jump Seat" was chosen because we felt it encompassed the role that we set out to fill: a qualified member of your operation that is along for the ride, no matter how turbulent!
If you have any topic ideas that you would like for our team to cover, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volume 34 | Thursday, August 12th, 2021: ETPs and ETOPS
- Volume 33 | Thursday, July 22nd, 2021: Aircraft Performance and Applying Biases
- Volume 32 | Thursday, June 24th, 2021: NextGen Flight Planning and Equipment Codes
- Volume 31 | Thursday, June 3rd, 2021: Pre-Departure Clearances
- Volume 30 | Thursday, May 20th, 2021: The 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- Volume 29 | Thursday, May 6th, 2021: Best Practices for Flight Planning in the U.S.
- Volume 28 | Thursday, April 22nd, 2021: An Update on Presidential Temporary Flight Restrictions
- Volume 27 | Thursday, April 8th, 2021: 2021 Convective Season
- Volume 26 | Friday, March 26th, 2021: Network Troubleshooting
- Volume 25 | Thursday, March 11th, 2021: Sample Flight Plans for Letters of Authorization
- Volume 24 | Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021: Reinstated North Atlantic Data Link Mandate
- Volume 23 | Thursday, February 11th, 2021: An Introduction to Jet ConneX
- Volume 22 | Thursday, January 28th, 2021: An Update on COVID-19
- Volume 21 | Thursday, January 14th, 2021: NBAA Air Traffic Services and ARINCDirect
- Volume 20 | Thursday, December 17th, 2020: Winter Weather and Traffic Initiatives
- Volume 19 | Thursday, December 10th, 2020: Recent ICAO Procedural Changes
- Volume 18 | Thursday, November 19th, 2020: Dedicated Aircraft Support Teams
- Volume 17 | Thursday, November 12th, 2020: LuxStream
- Volume 16 | Thursday, October 22nd, 2020: Fog Forecasting
- Volume 15 | Thursday, October 1st, 2020: European CTOTs
- Volume 14 | Thursday, September 24th, 2020: FAA Summit Summary
- Volume 13 | Thursday, August 27th, 2020: Hazard and Weather Alerts
- Volume 12 | Thursday, August 13th, 2020: Safety and Flight Debrief
- Volume 11 | Thursday, July 30th, 2020: Plotting Chart for 3rd Party Flight Plans
- Volume 10 | Tuesday, July 14th, 2020: Bedminster Temporary Flight Restriction Refresher
- Volume 9 | Thursday, July 2nd, 2020: What to Expect as Europe Reopens
- Volume 8 | Thursday, June 25th, 2020: What You Need to Know about FlightAware
- Volume 7 | Thursday, June 18th, 2020: iPad App Plotting Chart
- Volume 6 | Thursday, June 11th, 2020: 2020 Off to a Wild Start?
- Volume 5 | Monday, June 1st, 2020: ADS-B vs. ADS-C and What You Need to Know
- Volume 4 | Thursday, May 21st, 2020: Introduction to FLIGHTKEYS
- Volume 3 | Monday, May 11th, 2020: Flight Operations Best Practices during COVID-19
- Volume 2 | Thursday, May 7th, 2020: Relaxed Medical Certificates during COVID-19
- Volume 1 | Friday, April 24th, 2020: Relaxed North Atlantic Data Link Mandate due to COVID-19