The AD Wi-Fi call and text app, from Rockwell Collins ARINCDirect, lets you place and receive calls and texts on your personal cell phone, using your own number anywhere in the world. The app utilizes your broadband Inmarsat (i.e. SBB and JX) and Viasat Mobile Broadband service connection from your aircraft.
To find out more about how the app can work for you, read more in our FAQs. If you have additional questions the ARINCDirect technical support team can be reached at +1 410 266 2990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AD Wi-Fi call and text app is available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android 2.3 and up (including new Blackberry phones running Android and Android tablets). It can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store. After downloading your app, contact our support team for activation.
What you can expect from the AD Wi-Fi call and text app?
- Low, fixed monthly charge per user for unlimited voice calls and texts
- Seamless integration with your ARINCDirect broadband connection onboard the aircraft
- Compatible with the open, smart cabin router offered by ARINCDirect and most airborne smart routers
- Policy-based routing and QoS available on multiple airborne routers
- Smart Caller ID: Know who is calling
- Contacts: Use the contacts already in your phone for calls and text messaging
- View missed Calls: Even if your phone was turned off
- HD call quality: High quality reception over Wi-Fi
- App to App features (compatible with ground-based YouRoam application)
- Free calling and texting
- Send pictures, videos, voice memos or your location to anyone in your contact list using the same app
- See your contact’s online status, schedule meetings and start conversations